Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the breakfast buffets that I enjoyed at the hotel. Let me just say that for the entire stay I enjoyed having a plate of french toast and bacon drowned in maple syrup with scrambled eggs on the side. There was honeydew melons, watermelons and pineapple - and juices and tea and coffee to enjoy. There was a ton of food every morning... all you can eat... and I must say I became partial to eggs with maple syrup.
Nom nom.
Lunch was sometimes provided by the hotel. Sometimes it was on us... And it varied in stuff... but I really liked the apertifs they kept feeding us - like seafood patties on sticks, meat sticks, spring rolls with hot sauce and other various goodies and tiny parfaits. Sweetness doesn't seem to be their forte - but then, it rarely is in the East. It's more about spice...
One thing I did enjoy - which WAS sweet - was the one drink I bought at Dunkin' Donuts. It reminded me of the Chocolate ice smoothies you can buy at Second Cup - but with a bit of espresso in it. Very very nice. It was better than the donuts (nothing can beat Timmies or Granddad's).
I didn't eat so much Balinese food as I did Western. In China, Western can be had -but it is, of course, much more expensive. In Bali, I could enjoy cheap Western food... Hamburgers with fries, for example.
For sure, there was a McDonalds down the road a ways, and there was a KFC across the intersection... but, I really enjoyed the high-end Western food.
Like the homemade Ravioli...
(Although I did successfully make homemade dumplings with pasta back in China...)
It was just a good time had by all. Lots of friendships were bolstered by food. What more can I say?

1 comment:
Nom nom indeed!
I'd say yes to all of that! Save for the ravioli... That looks... gross... =)
But honeydew melon for breakfast. Mm...
*makes a mental note to buy a melon next time i go groceryshopping*
I wanna go to Bali too! It sounds absolutely lovely!
Hugs / Kokis!
Post a Comment