Friday, January 30, 2009

Vacation Epic: Part 1 - To Hong Kong


"I don't see any sign of the airport shuttle bus, do you?" My traveling companion asked me, his face wrinkled with worry. He is looking around anxiously for our airport shuttle which should be taking us to the airport.

It is nowhere in sight.

I am not too worried (when am I ever?). In time, we arrived at the airport (an hour late) - and got on the plane (quickly enough). We had a long scenic route to Hong Kong - which was exciting because I got to see another side of Chinese culture. I really liked tvs set in the back of the taxi cab seats!!!! So fun!!! With crazy short animations!!!


By the time I arrived in Hong Kong, I was tired and sicker than a dog. My head and chest cold which had beset me a week before came back full force. I had experienced dizziness, fever and chills before... but now I just felt headache-y and fatigued beyond belief. How thankful I was for a layover in Hong Kong!!! I went to bed that night as early as I could - and relied on tea to soothe my worsening sore throat. Another friend, Sylvia, gave me Buckley's pills for both day and night living. Which worked. Thankfully. In that way, I was more or less ready for travel to Bali.

Hello sun! Or maybe not...

No comments: